Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The {Stories} of The Lord's Servents

How important is the Gospel to us? Are we willing to do everything The Lord asks us to do? 
We are faced everyday with Trials and Tribulations. We are faced with Satan's evil temptations. We are mocked on every hand. We have to deal with problems every day.
 How do we handle them?

When problems strike do we relay on The Lord? 
What about the people we read about in The scriptures? 
What did they do?  

  




"And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high and it reached the heavens."
 (Enos 1:4)
 

How many of us pray for our enemies?





  
And it came to pass that there was a man among them whose name was Abinadi; and he went forth among them, and began to prophesy, saying: Behold, thus saith the Lord, and thus he commended me, saying, Go forth, and say unto this people, thus saith the Lord- Wo be unto this people, for I have seen their abominations, and their wickedness, and their whoredoms; and except they repent I will visit them in mine anger.
(Mosiah 11:20)

Do we stand for what we believe?






"Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them."
(Alma 57:21)



Do we listen with exact obedience?






"And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the wall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and prophesied unto the people whatsoever things the lord put into his heart. 

"And he said unto them: Behold, I, Samuel, a Lamanite, do speak the words of the Lord which he doth put into my heart; and behold he hath put it into my heart to say unto this people that the sword of justice hangeth over this people; and four hundred years pass not away save the sword of justice falleth upon this people."
(Helaman 13:4-6)

Do we fear God more than Man?





 "Behold, O Lord, thou canst do this. We know that thou art able to show forth great power, which looks small unto the understanding of men."
(Ether 3:5)



Do we believe that The Lord can do anything? 












I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the thing which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them"
(1 Nephi 3:7)

 

Do we trust in The Lord to always provide a way?



 



"But, to be short in writing, behold, he saw other multitudes pressing forward; and they came can caught hold of the end of the rod of iron; and they did press their way forward, continually holding fast to the rod of iron, until they came forth and fell down and partook of the of the tree.

"And he also saw other multitudes feeling their way towards that great and spacious building."
(1 Nephi 8:30-31)

Which path are we taking?




How did they do it?



(Picture 1) Enos- "Because of they faith in Chirst, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen.."(Enos 1:8)

(Picture 2) Abinadi- "...but he answered them boldly, withstood all their questions.." (Mosiah 12:19)

(Picture 3) The Stripling Warriors- "Now this was the faith of these of whom I have spoken; they are young, and their minds are firm, and they do put their trust in God continually." (Alma 57:27)

(Picture 4) Samuel the Lamanite- "But behold, the voice of the Lord came unto him, that he should return again, and prophesy unto the people whatsoever things should come into his heart." (Helaman 13:3)

(Picture 5) The Brother of Jared- "And never have I showed myself unto man whom I have created, for never has man believed in me as thou hast..."(Ether 3:15)

(Picture 6) Nephi- "Therefore go, my son and thou shalt be favored of the Lord, because thou has not murmured." (1 Nephi 3:6)

(Picture 7) The Tree of Life- "...I began to pray unto the Lord that he would have mercy on me..." 
(1 Nephi 8:8)


 Are trying to have faith, determination, boldness, diligence as Enos? Abinadi? The Stripling warriors? Samuel the Lamanite? The Brother of Jared? or Nephi? 

If not, then what are we doing? 


I know that this gospel is True! I know that The Lord asks many things of us, but He never gives us more than we can't handle. He will always provide a way. Through Faith and Prayer The Lord can make anything possible. 

I know that when we obey His commandments and His will everything will work out!

He isn't asking us to put our physically well-being on the line, He is asking us to share His Gospel and bring His children to return to live with Him. 

I encourage everyone to read, search, ponder and pray the scriptures. We can find complete happiness in them! 

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?


I love you all :)

Love, 
Sister Ashcroft


No comments:

Post a Comment