Friday, November 29, 2013

The {Stories} of the ten lepers and being thankful.





In the Spirit of Thanksgiving! 

We read in the book of Luke about the ten lepers---

Jesus sees lepers

"And as he entered into a certain village,there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off."(Luke 17:12)

And they pleaded with The Lord to make them clean---

"And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master have mercy on us." (Luke 17:13)


10 lepers asked Jesus to heal them
 Jesus Christ saw them, and told them to go to the priests, when the ten lepers turned to go to the priests the lepers were cleansed.---

"...Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed." (Luke 17:14)

But only one out of the nine came back and thanked The Lord for healing him. This one man thanked The Lord and kissed his feet, and gave all they glory to God.---

"And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God... And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him, thanks..." (Luke 17:15-16)



Only one leper thanked Jesus

Our wonderful Sister Roden invited us over for a Family Home Evening last night, and this is the story that she told. It was so much fun listening to the children in the room say things they were thankful for. 


Our Heavenly Father has blessed us with everything we have, and sometimes we may not think its enough, or at least I have. 

Until one day last week I was reading in the book of Alma Chapter 29 verse 3 which read "....For I ought to be content with the things the Lord hath allotted unto me." 

Hmmm... I think the Lord was trying to humble me. He is very good at that! I stopped to think about all the wonderful gifts and talents He has blessed me with. I soon realized that The Lord has already blessed me with more than I deserve. 

So, many times we forget to thank The Lord, like the nine lepers who were healed. They may have had the faith to be healed, but they didn't give The Lord thanks. 

When looking back on all the wonderful things we have in life, we forget that they were given to us from our Heavenly Father.


Alma 29:6 It tells us "Now, seeing that I know these things, why should I desire more to perform the work to which I have been called?

We should never expect more, if we aren't doing anything to receive more and most importantly if were  not thanking The Lord.


I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ He can heal us, I know that Heavenly Father has blessed each one of His Children with different gifts and talents.
And continues to give us more and more. 

I invite everyone to think about the things Heavenly Father has given us, and thank Him. Don't be one of the nine lepers and forget to thank The Lord for all that we have.  

I love you all very much and say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Love, Sister Ashcroft



No comments:

Post a Comment