Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Intro: The {Story} of how I came to be Sister Ashcroft

Hello Friends! 
Welcome to my Blog! This Blog is the {STORY} of my adventures serving as a Sister {Missionary} for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. And what a {blessing} it is!


It all started a mere 8 months ago... I never really considered serving a mission, even though I might have thought about it once or twice. It was never something I wanted to do. Well, as I saw all my friends leave on missions, and friends return home from missions (Including the return of my older brother) I saw a change in these young men. (Especially my older brother :p). As my brother and people from my stake tried to encourage me to go, I was quick to answer "NO!"


I was just graduated over a year. I had hopes, dreams, and desires of competing in {hurdles} at college. But, at the time I was working full-time and going to school full-time. I wasn't really living the "American Dream".

Well, one day I was driving home from work, I felt like I had the worse day of my life. Nothing went right, and I couldn't figure out what direction my life was headed. So, I zipped on towards the church. My dad was recently put in as bishop, and I knew he would be there. I had a question for him. 

Me: "Dad should I go on a mission?"
Dad: (about to fall out of his chair) "Well, I don't know is this something you have prayed about?"
(secretly I had been praying about a mission for quit sometime.)
Me: "YES! I don't ever get an answer one way or the other!"
Dad: "Well, Kourt! This is a great time for you to learn a very important lesson... The Lord my not always give you an answer. Sometimes it is all up to you."

Really, Dad?! That is the best you could give me? Well, going home still frustrated and confused. I pulled out my patriarchal blessing to read it, and still a bit confused... I just decided to turn in my papers. 

I started my papers that night, scheduled all my doctor appointments that week and my papers were in within the next week. WHAT!?! Did I get myself into I thought? It happened all so fast! Before I knew it I had a call waiting in my mail box. Although, I was very excited to see where I got called too! I had guesses all around the world.  From Nauvoo, Illinois to Ireland.

 "Dear Sister Ashcroft... You have been called to serve in the Utah, Salt Lake City West Mission!!" 

 Oh, well that was the last place I would ever guess! But I am here, I've been here for almost 5 months! And it is the greatest blessing ever! I am so blessed that I was called to serve in this mission.

And, that my dear friends is the Story {in a nutshell} of how the busy College Girl, Pharmacy Tech, Life Guard, Lover of Running and a Dreamer came to be Sister Ashcroft.

Follow my blog to hear the crazy, fun, and spiritual adventures of a Sister {Missionary}

Love You All
-Sister A




No comments:

Post a Comment