Friday, August 30, 2013

The {story} of a wrong turn...

Howdy-Do-Da Friends! 

I hope everyone is having a great day! The Good Ole' Valley is {blazing} HOT! today. Thank goodness for those slight breezes we can get on our bikes. 

Well, as I have mentioned before I just want to share miracle after miracle, but I just can't! There is just not enough time in the day, I see blessings happen every day! 

So, {story} time!!

So, when I first got into my new area, I became a trainer and, also we white washed the area! For those who may not know what "white washing" is, it basically means putting new missionaries in the area to build it up again. So, they took the Elders out of this area and put Sisters in. 

And, I was still a new missionary! I had only been out for 3 months! I didn't know how to train, let alone know how to white wash!?! So, my {sweet} new companion who was just {fresh} out of the MTC was just on fire and ready to teach! She kept turning to me say "where are we going?", "who are we teaching?" , "what lesson to teach first?" etc. 

Hahah... Me: "Uhhh... I don't know?" Man, I am a doing great as a trainer or what?!...(fail)

 I had never even been in the area before, so of course I had no idea where to go? So, we literally we're dropped off at our house with a "good luck". Didn't know what wards we covered, or anything! 

But we eventually found out who the High Council Man over the missionaries were, so we started at his house and slowly progressed from there! 

So, we got the address of who our bishops and ward mission leaders were, but they did not have a map for us yet, so we got pointed in the "general" direction of our area... {WONDERFUL!}

Side note- I don't know how many of you have been to Utah, but the gird system in Neighborhoods are so confusing!!!!

Anyways, it's time for us to head home... and we are lost! I have no idea where we are at! And, again my companion... "Sister Where are we? Is time to be home? How do we get home from here?" 

Me... "Uhhh... I don't know?" (the struggle was real) 

So, you know, by now the only thing you can do is relay on the spirit! And we surely did! We both just had a silent pray to ourselves. We continue to keep walking and made a wrong turn... again. But this time, it wasn't a wrong turn. As we walked down the street we saw this sweet lady getting her mail and pulling her weeds.

We stopped to ask her for directions, which she was able to help us with. Then we proceeded to talk to her a little longer. As the conversation went on we learned that she was an inactive member, and that she has been thinking about going back to church for awhile, and that she was even praying to Heavenly Father for the strength to find her way back to church. She told us she just didn't know how to get there! So, we told her we could help her! "We know how to get to church! It's easy! You just get in your car and drive down the rode! Church starts at 9am!"

We ended up having one of the most spiritual lessons that I have ever had on my mission. We invited her to come to church and she was there that next Sunday! She looked {beautiful}! and she had just a {special} glow about her. We could see how happy she was to be there, and to partake of the sacrament.

Since then she has been actively coming back to church, she has been reading her scriptures and praying to her Heavenly Father every night. Every time we see her she is just full of the Spirit and tells time and time again how happy she is that she came back to church!

I learned so much that night! You always stop and talk to people, they are all God's Children! And you may just be answer to their prayers! I know for a fact, that we were guided there! It wasn't a coincidence, even though we thought we were lost at the time. We discovered where we needed to be :)

That night could have not ended more perfectly. The Lord will always direct where you need to go, even if you have to take a few wrong turns to get there!

I am so grateful for that {wonderful} Sister! She is amazing in every way! And she has made my testimony so much stronger!

Thanks bunches for reading my {BLOG} I love sharing the gospel! Check back again for another {blessing} from our loving Heavenly Father!

The Church is TRUE!

Love You All
-Sister Ashcroft



No comments:

Post a Comment