Friday, August 23, 2013

The {Story} of a Clogged Drain

Hello Friends! Happy Friday! 

Well, it's been a great day in West Valley, the weather is not my {favorite.} Very Windy, with a slight amount of rain drops here and there, with the {beautiful} overcast clouds. Okay, really, I just very much dislike wind. (grr...)

But that doesn't slow The Lord's work down! 

So, serving a {mission} has been just the best blessing ever! It really is so much. Yes, it does have it's challenges. Honestly, I have never felt so much stress and disappointment in my entire {life} But I have also never been so happy in my life, I have never {witnessed} so many miracles, and I have never felt the {love} of my Savior stronger! And, happiness always trumps disappointment :)

There really is just so much I want to share with the world, but it can only be one story at a time...

So, this past week my good ole' {companion} and I has had several chances to do some service! As {missionaries} we love service! 

And when your "in the service of your fellow man, you are only in the service of your God"... how true is that to be? There is not greater feeling than doing service for people. It's {awesome} to see their faces light up, and it makes you feel even better as well. 

A fun experience we had this week was unclogging a sink drain, yes we can unclog a sink drain! We should be considered pros! And that got around the block! So, now we have more and more people requesting us to help them unclog their drains for them! (we tend to surprise people, with our talents) 

A member even took the liberty of making {fun} flyers to hand out, to "advertise" our services! We thought it was quit witty. But in all seriousness service really is a great way to build bonds with people! It {truly} does make me feel good about helping someone in need. 

And, it's a great {chance} to share the gospel! Which can bring even more happiness to someones {soul}. 

Thanks! Dropping in! I hope you all have a great day {AND} find some service to do for a friend, neighbor, or stranger! We promise, it's a {blessing} to help!

Love You All
-Sister Ashcroft

(sorry, it's a poor picture and i can't get it to flip. But this is the flyer that a member made, it gave us a good laugh!!!)


1 comment: