Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Story of a Lunch Bunch...

Well, Howdy-do-da {Friends} 
It's another blazing  {HOT} day in the beautiful land of West Valley City!!! Even my companion, who is a(n) "Arizonian" is complaining about the {heat}, but that doesn't slow us down! We just zig-zag across the road to find those good shade trees. :)

Well, since this blog is so {new} I'm at lost of what to share? Because I already have so many great stories I can't wait to share. It's truly a {blessing} to serve a mission, It's amazing to look back at my life before my mission and see the many {blessings} I have received. 

Well, before I flood this blog with the stories of a sister {missionary} I want to take a moment and brag about my {AWESOME} companion!

So, today we were invited to the "lunch bunch", and oh my! It was so much fun :) Okay, so, a brief description of the "lunch bunch" --- The Relief Society has organized a little outing with all the women in the neighborhood, active, less-active, non-members, friends, family... you name it and they are there! They go once a month and just gather together to enjoy each others company with a bite to eat. Well, the {spoiled} missionaries we are, we were invited to {tag along}. And it was just so much fun, we met a lot of women from the neighborhood and got the chance to start to building some beautiful {friendships.} It was a great place for us to share a little bit about what missionaries do! Perfect opportunity, right?
Oops... Rewind, let's just back it up real fast and start from the very beginning again, we invited another set of {sisters} to come along and join in on the fun! And, all these wonderful sister {missionaries} went out of their way to talk to women that they had no idea who they were! But did it, just to make friends, and because they care. As I sat back and watched 3 beautiful girls go and mingle around, I got to see the faces of these women light up and glow. Their eyes were beaming and a smile from ear to ear. I got lost in the moment and thought about all these great women, with a different life story to tell. Each and every one was a daughter of God, and He has created each of us differently. We all have different talents and gifts to offer the world. 

I see more and more on my mission that God, really does have His hand in everything. We are just {tools} in His work! And I couldn't be more {LUCKY} :) 

Okay, okay, Now I can {brag} about my companion. So, before we left the Cracker Barrel we stopped to look around in the store they have, and as I was so {easily} distracted I started to walk off to get my bag so we could leave, but I soon realized I did not have a {companion}. And, well, some of you may know how scary that is when your "alone". I stopped right in my track and quickly turned around to see that she was talking with one of the workers. So, I scurried back to where they were standing to find out what the hold up was? As I stopped I started to listen to the conversation and the {sweet} girl had questions about what {missionaries} do? As, I watched and listened to my companion so calmly bear her testimony of the purpose for missionary work, the girl become more interested. For a moment that {sweet} girl forgot about the things around her and really tuned into the {spirit}. 

Sadly, she had to go back to work and we had to jet out of there, but I was able to pull out a Book of Mormon, and Sister Christensen left a note attached to it, and we left it at her stand for when she {returned}

We may never know what ever happens to her after that, but most {importantly} she was one of God's children who got to hear the gospel, and because of that she is one step closer to her {loving} Heavenly Father.

Thanks so much for stopping by :) Keep in-tuned for Friday's update, who knows what it will be, but I'm sure the spirit will give {great} inspiration.

Love You All :)
-Sister Ashcroft

(Sister Judd, Sister Comer, Sister Christensen,& Sister Ashcroft)

No comments:

Post a Comment