Friday, September 6, 2013

The {Story} of the Power of the Holy Ghost

Good Day!

Well, it's a great Friday afternoon.

As I was thinking of something I could {blog} about, I couldn't decide which of my {favorites} I wanted to share.

Because everyday I see something I want to share! Serving a mission has made a huge impact on my life, it has strengthened my testimony so much! I believe in this Gospel even more than I did yesterday, and I will continue to believe in this Gospel {more} and {more} everyday!

But as I reflected back on the past 5 months I was thinking about some of the {experiences} I have had. And, I remember the first time I felt the spirit so {strong} the first time I was speaking by the spirit, the first time I saw a miracle on my mission, the first for everything on my mission.

The Bishop had called us and asked us to visit his neighbor, who recently was diagnosed with an incurable illness.

We went to go visit him, he was a very {pleasant} man. Super nice and just real {fun} to be around. He was caring and giving, he was just a real {genuine} guy!

My heart broke when he told us about his {fears} and concerns, he was dealing with an illness that was incurable and there was nothing he could do but live with it, eventually it will kill him.

He had some built up anger towards God. He didn't {understand} why this had to happen? He had family and friends who he didn't want to leave. He had endless questions of what happens from here? What happens after death? Where do we go? Where will I go? What about my family? etc.

We first talked to him about the Plan of Salvation and how God's plan is perfect in every way. That there is life after this, and this life is so important and valuable. We discussed how he had a purpose on this earth.

After teaching the Plan of Salvation we asked him what he was feeling? He sat silently for a moment and looked at us with tear filled eyes and said "how is it that the presence of 5 people come into my home and bring me so much peace and comfort to me, when my own family or friends can't."

He then proceeded to talk about what he was feeling, and that even though he was still angry and scared he had never felt so much peace at the same time...

It then hit me what he had said. He said that he felt 5 people in the room, as I stopped to {listen} to the spirit and counted how many people were in the room, I counted only 4 people.

And then the {power} of the Holy Ghost became even stronger.

Because he said he felt another persons {love} and presence, and I know without a {doubt} it was the Holy Ghost he felt. Something so strong and powerful could not have been a {coincidence.}

In closing to the discussion we asked him to pray, at first he was a little hesitant and didn't want to, but after briefly talking about prayer and bearing our testimonies of how {powerful} prayer is he was more than willing to do it. 

As we knelt down together on the floor,  he offered up the most {sincere} prayer. At the end of the prayer he just stayed kneeling and weeping, because, again, he felt the power of the spirit. 

I know to this day that the power of the Holy Ghost can become so strong, it can {testify} again and again. I'm {beyond} grateful that I had the chance to meet this wonderful man, and to share the Gospel with him. I know that this is the {greatest} thing anyone could ever receive.

And, again it is such a huge {blessing} to be serving a mission! I love this Gospel so much! I know that this is the {only} true Church establish today. Heavenly Father will continue to bless us as we strive to follow Him, and abide by His commandments. I'm {grateful} for his son, and the sacrifice He did for me. 

I can never find GREATER {happiness} in life! 

I love you all! Thanks for following my {BLOG} Keep seeking those answers! God will {always} answer! 

-Sister Ashcroft :)





No comments:

Post a Comment