Saturday, September 21, 2013

The {Story} of running to do The Lords work

Good day Everyone!

It's been such a busy week! We have had so many meetings! But that is just apart of missionary life :)

Well, Wednesday. Wednesday was quit the day!

So, funny story to start it off. The night before I went on splits with a girl who is getting ready to leave for her mission. It went great!

So, now it's Wednesday morning, it's personal study time and I get up to use the bathroom. When I walk back into the room, my companion is sitting there with a mischievous smile. I say "Sister, what can you not wait till companion study to tell me?" 

She replies (with a giggle) "Your not going to be happy."

Me "Why?"

She then hands me the phone to read an open text saying "Hello, you met with my daughter last night. She has lice. So watch yourself. So sorry."

Me "....(long pause)... awesome."

My companion then bust out in laughter. I sarcastically said "well, I used your brush today! 

Muhahah... teach her to laugh at me again!

Ha, no it was funny. Although I did jump in the shower and turn the water to boiling hot and scrubbed my scalp until it was raw. I then tossed all my bedding in the washer, and anything I was in contact with that day.

By the way, all is good. No lice :)

So, the day goes on. One of the Sisters we live with was sick, so her and her companion came home for the day. My companion and I go out for the day, and had to return home early, because my companion got sick too.

So, Sister Comer and I decided "Hey, why don't we just go out and do each others areas!" The two sick sisters can sleep and hang out together!

Great idea!

Sister Comer had an appointment in 20 minuets, so we called someone to come get us and drive us across town to a less-actives home. Well, it's in a complex of apartments and Sister Comer wasn't familiar with the area, so we had a hard time finding the home. We run up and down stairs looking for the right door.

20 minuets later... We finally find it! We had a great lesson. It's now time for my lesson! We call someone to pick us up...again.

So, as we are driving back to my area I get a hold of the member who was planning on going with us to let her know we are on our way, but just a little late. Well... turns out we had a mis-communication, they didn't think we were coming till later that evening.Which really was a blessing in disguise. 

We then go home with only 15 minuets left before dinner to check on our sick little sisters. We get them each something to eat and then literally sprint to dinner. We decided to take a short cut through some fields to get to dinner. As we are running we have stickers getting every where in our shoes.

We make it to dinner, just a few minuets late. But it was with one of the Bishops I serve with and he is a Saint. He was so understanding. We sit down and have to eat dinner fast, because we had another appointment to get to. We enjoyed those Hawaiian Hay Stacks. Then both of our phones were going nuts because appointments were cancelling, people wanted to meet with us, then we needed to find rides, and we couldn't. We felt horrible. We never have our phones out at dinner, but this Bishop was just so understanding.We promised him blessings, and that he would go to the Celestial Kingdom.

So, we have to leave dinner early and we start running! Not the best feeling on a full stomach. Because my appointment was about a 20 minuet walk. We figure we could make it a 10 minuet run and only be a few minuets late. But then Heavenly Father steps in and provides us a ride! Thank Heavens!

We actually made it to my appointment on time. We taught The Restoration, and had a great lesson, the spirit was so strong. We then look at the clock and realized it was time for Sister Comers appointment. We close up with a prayer and start sprinting... again. Sister Comer did find us a ride, but we had to make it home first.

So as we are running up a hill we have to stop at the intersection before we can cross. The light was not turning green anytime soon. So, this time I look at Sister Comer and vocally ask God to help us. The Light turns red and we get the cross walk light. And we are off to another foot race.

We make it home and run inside to use the bathroom (because we have been holding it far to long) Our ride is waiting outside for us. We hop in the car and she takes us to Sister Comer's area for another appointment. This sweet sister saved our day! There would have been no way we would have made it all the way to our appointment. And also promised her the Celestial Kingdom! Of course everyone is promised the Celestial Kingdom if we live by God's commandments.

This time it was at the church, we taught The Gospel of Jesus Christ, again, the spirit was so strong. Sadly those wonderful  lessons have to come to an end.

This is where the night gets hard, as if it wasn't hard already. We each have a lesson at 8pm and neither of us have a companion. So, luckily Sister Comer already has a girl coming to her lesson, so she is good to go. I called for me to have a companion, and no one was available. But my actual companion is a trooper! And she was ready to get out of bed to come to our last appointment. I find a ride to take me back home, get my companion and then drive to our next appointment. Yet, again, we are late. Not to add, we were going to a new place, and we got lost trying to find it in the dark.

This appointment was just a meeting with a ward mission leader, we are discussing some of the people we are visiting in his area when I turn to look at my companion. She looks like she is ready to pass out. There was actually one point of the evening we were walking and she was so dizzy she fell to the ground. I wrap things up and say we got to go! The ward Mission leader and his wife we more than willing to take us home. While getting ready to leave the Elders call asking if any of the Sisters need a blessing. We met them at our house, they give one Sister a blessing and then they were in a hurry to do some exchanges. 

20 minuets later they are back at our house to give another sick Sister a blessing. 

I am so grateful for the Priesthood Power!

Well, the night did come to an end, and I was exhausted. But I had so much fun! Missionary work really is a blast. Even though we were running to and from each others areas, and trying to find rides and were late to almost everything, and we may have promised a few people the Celestial Kingdom (of course, if they continue to follow God's commandments) We still got the work done!

It just goes to show The Lord will always be there to help! I have a strong testimony of that. I know that Heavenly Father loves all of us, but I never realized how much He truly loves each and everyone of His children until my mission. 

I never realized how important this Gospel is, and it's so important that we share it with everyone! 

I'm an so grateful to be apart of this wonderful work! I'm grateful for Sister Comer and the champ she is, and that she was willing to help serve in my area as well as hers.

D&C 18:10

"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God."

I love you all! I love this Gospel! I love The Book of Mormon! I love West Valley! I just love it all! 

Love, 
-Sister Ashcroft 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment